I've heard recently that the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers are among the potential landing spots for Arizona's Nico Mannion. But, people are saying he's falling in the draft, and I disagree on that. Mannion is still athletically and laterally one of the best guards in the draft.

I called on Cal Poly's assistant and former West Coast Elite star coach Justin Downer for an opinion on Mannion:

" I think Nico has more than established himself as a 1st Round Pick in this year's draft. Few players have the resume he has performing time and time again against the best players in the world. From FIBA ball at the U17 and National level in Italy, to the Nike Hoop Summit, he's constantly surpassed expectations at every level. He was robbed of an opportunity to show out on the national stage at during March Madness, and that's no body's fault, but the world missed a chance to see what he does when his team's backs against the wall. As far as concerns about his shooting? I think they're a bit exaggerated. He'll be the first to tell you he isn't satisfied with his percentages at Arizona, but he's proven he's a shot maker at every level with range, confidence, and hitting big shots. Not to mention as far as feel, playmaking, and making his teammates better goes There isn't a better guard in the draft besides Lamelo Ball. With the space and weapons Nico will have to play with I think people are going to look back and say they "over evaluated" Nico.

Finally, sources say that the Jazz held an in-person workout and Quin Snyder has praised the Arizona star. That's the team I think would be an excellent fit for Mannion. They own the 27th pick as well as the 38th.