It’s been a season full of breakout performances for Top-100 junior Jaden Jones. After making a move from Prolific Prep to SLCA, Jones held his own and continued his dominance on a national level. The 6-foot-8 prospect in my eyes could be best described as a ‘big guard’ which is how the game is being played nowadays.
Jones is one of the youngest prospects in the entire class as he just turned 17 this year. The sharpshooter also has found himself being targeted by several different schools from all separate conferences. Here’s Jaden Jones’ final-six breakdown with Stockrisers.com.
FINAL SIX: Arizona, USC, Rutgers, Alabama, San Diego State, LSU.
– Arizona: Coach Miller watched me play last year a few times before he offered. He told me that he was looking for me to lead them to a Final Four my freshman year. Said that he only offers kids that he really wants. My family was impressed.
– Rutgers: I was really impressed with the coaching style and culture. Coach Steve is straight to the point in his recruitment of me. My second official visit. Great place
– LSU: Coach Wade has been very active in recruiting me since he first saw me. He talks to my family a lot. We will visit this spring. Also, a good program that likes big guards.
– San Diego State: My first official. So you know they would be in my top 6. The coaching staff is very serious about me being on campus in 2021.
– Alabama: HC watched me play at a high-level tourney in Kentucky and knew right away what I was and offered. Keeps in touch with my dad. Planing a visit this spring. He likes that I’m a combo-guard that can shoot. Actually asked if I would consider reclassing to join the 2020 class but I told him that I was a true 2021 and appreciated the thought
– USC: Coach Andy [Enfield] has been really active in communicating with my family. We like his approach and coaching/playing style. I’m planning a visit for the Spring.