Top-100 junior Elijah Wood tells Stockrisers that he’s committing to Tulane.
“It just felt right,” Wood said.
He held offers from Auburn, Georgia, Seton Hall, Auburn, St. John’s, just to name a few.
Wood discussed his decision with Stockrisers.
– Why Tulane?
1) The school is wonderful with the education, also it provides a great opportunity to develop connections outside of basketball as well. It’s a real family atmosphere.
– The highest commit of all-time (potentially) how does that feel?
2) It feels good but I’m more focused on winning as soon as I get there and doing what ever they ask that will put Us in a better position to win.
– Why Tulane when you had high major offers?
3) with their legendary coach, Coach Dunleavy, the player development, and their system, I like how I can fit in with them and go right along with what they have already, so we can hopefully do something special.
– They’ve put two guys in the league recently, thoughts on that
4) I like how they are focused on putting guys in the NBA as well, that’s a big goal for me and I love the opportunity that is in front of me at Tulane with doing that.